Friday, November 22, 2013

First Lift in a VERY long time

Well, finally, Andrew got his nets out yesterday and is beginning to lift them as I write this.  We won't be setting back because the wind is going to pick up.  For curiosity I looked it up and this is what the next few days will look like.

Today Tonight and Saturday
Gale warning in effect. Wind west 10 knots increasing to northwest 25 near noon then diminishing to northwest 15 this evening. Wind diminishing to southwest 10 late overnight then increasing to west 25 early Saturday morning. Wind increasing to northwest 35 late Saturday morning then diminishing to north 30 Saturday evening.
 
 

Waves

Issued 03:00 AM EST 22 November 2013
Today Tonight and Saturday
Waves one half metre building to 2 this afternoon then subsiding to one near midnight. Waves building to 2 Saturday morning and to 3 to 4 near noon Saturday then subsiding to 2 Saturday evening.

Extended Forecast

Issued 03:00 AM EST 22 November 2013
Sunday Wind north 30 knots diminishing to north 15 in the afternoon.
Monday Wind southwest 20 knots increasing to southwest 30.
Tuesday Wind west 30 knots
 
Todays challenge is get on and then off the water as fast as possible.  Sounds like the wind is just catching its breath and will begin to blow again shortly. 
I feel a tad bit more relaxed though.  This no fishing, no markets has been a challenge to say the least.  I can inhale a bit deeper now knowing in a few hours I will be working again.  I don't have to try to line myself up with chores just to keep busy or feel like I am doing something productive. 
I had a customer show up yesterday wanting fresh fish.  He looked at my lonely 10lbs. box of frozen fish and he said, "Is that it?  Thought you were a fish place."  In my mind I wanted to say something but I just told him that the weather has been horrible and we keep trying when we find a window of good weather.  With fish or fishing there is no guarantee.  This customer left a bit disappointed and I felt a little frustrated for I thought we were a fish place too. Today though, I hope and believe, we will be the fish place once more.  I know it is only temporary but to work with fish again even if it is only today, will bring some relief. 
I don't know what we will do with the fish we catch.  All depends on the amount but I will post it later.  Now away I go to prepare the plant to be busy with fish once again. 

No comments: